Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Separation Anxiety Disorader
Transcript of Separation Anxiety Disorader
- separation from home or major attachment figures occurs or is anticipated.
- worry about losing major attachment figures.
- worry that an untoward event will lead to separation from a major attachment figure (e.g., getting lost or being kidnapped) .
- persistent refusal to go to school or elsewhere because of fear of separation.
- refusal to go to sleep without being near a near a major attachment figure or to sleep away from home.
- repeated nightmares involving the theme of separation.
The duration of the disturbance is at least 4 weeks.
The onset is before age 18 years. Separation anxiety disorder is likely caused by the combination of genetic and environmental vulnerabilities rather than by any one thing.
In addition to being more common in children with family histories of anxiety, children whose mothers were stressed during pregnancy with them tend to be more at risk for developing this disorder. Psychotherapy may successfully treat some children with separation anxiety disorder, but if symptoms do not improve with psychotherapy alone, anti-anxiety medications (benzodiazepine,Buspirone ); may be prescribed to help an anxious child feel less nervous The Celebrity Apprentice judge; Ivanka Trump. she is unable to be apart from her new baby. Doctors say that it may fade. http://www.psychologymatters.asia/common_mental_illness/14/separation-anxiety-disorder.html