Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Culturally Competent Strategies - Roy Jones
Transcript of Culturally Competent Strategies - Roy Jones
Create a chart that includes five to seven instructional strategies or practices used by culturally proficient teachers. Use your background knowledge and the readings thus far in this course to help you complete the chart.
Include a specific example of how each strategy could be implemented with students. Have each student pick one defining characteristic of their culture and how it applies to the class at hand. Have the student compare how a different culture would approach a problem differently. As educator, point out the different benefits of each difference - avoid value judgements or one way being 'better', focus instead on what situations would benefit from that viewpoint. Continue to promote awareness - come back to this and regularly discuss the different approaches to a problem - when possible give historical and cultural anecdotes on how a problem was analyzed. Have students teach others; encourage the open discussion of cultural similarities and differences.