Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
SoMe NHS Alliance
Transcript of SoMe NHS Alliance
Why Bother with a fad?
Value of social media to patients
Self management and peer support
'Support from a person who has experiential knowledge of a specific behaviour or stressor and similar characteristics' Dennis 2003
'Nodes or points linked by pathways' Malby and Mervyn 2012
Social Media refers to the means of interaction among people in which they create, share and exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and networks - Wikipedia June 2013
Characteristics of peer relationships
Mutuality - chose relationship and balanced
Focused on 'know-how' not 'know-what'
' T1D for 50 years and never spoke with others till found #gbdoc'
With grateful thanks to Auden from the Healthcare Hashtag project @audvin