Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Complementary Co-Teaching
How can you expect a special education teacher of students who are learning English to be an effective co-teacher in a high school science class where content mastery is so important?
Complementary Co-teaching occurs when one co-teacher does something to enhance the instruction provided by the other co-teacher(s). One may introduce new material while the other models taking notes, or provides different examples.
don't forget to monitor the learners.
Watch out for to much "teacher talk"
To avoid getting stuck in a rut with one teacher always taking the expert role and the other the complementary role plan for role release
- Listening during lecture and discussion
- Memory strategies
- Studying for a test
- Keeping an organized notebook
- Time and task management (homework,reports, projects)
Both teachers share in delivery of information but sometimes using different methods
Complementary Co-Teaching Activity
Primarily Responsible for delivering content
Primarily Responsible for delivering related instruction
ex- Study Skills
Potential areas for complementary instruction: