Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Satire: "Advice to Youth" by Mark Twain
Transcript of Copy of Satire: "Advice to Youth" by Mark Twain
Open up your SpringBoard Text to page 197
Let's read and annotate together
The title gives the audience insight into the purpose of the speech.
Purpose: Teach a lesson
hyperbole used to exaggerate the importance of the advice
Irony: this is not where we expected this sentence to go.
Understatement: Hitting someone with a brick seems pretty extreme.
Stop: Let's finish reading, then turn to page 194.
Trust me, this is great advice...
a clause that can form a complete sentence standing alone, having a subject and a predicate.
A modifying phrase is one which is used to make the meaning of a word or group of words more specific
Always obey your parents...
when they are present
Makes it conditional; adds humor. Only when they are watching!