Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Scientific Method-Gummy Bear Experiment
Transcript of Scientific Method-Gummy Bear Experiment
Gummy Bears (im using different colors so it could be easier to see which one was placed in what liquid =D )
Sharpie Materials 1. Fill each cup with 2 Tablespoons of water
2. Add 1/2 Tablespoon of salt to one cup
3. Mix the salt into the water until it is dissolved completely The Procedure 4. Place each gummy bear into a cup
5. Put it on the counter and leave it there for two days (if it is kept longer, it might disintegrate) So, after leaving it for exactly 48 hours
the gummy bear in salt water seems to have not expanded (Yellow) and the gummy bear in water expanded a ridiculous size (Red)!
So, our hypothesis was correct! the gummy bear did not expand in the salt water!
The AFTER-MATH! More Pics Question: Does putting gummy bears in different solutions cause it to expand?
Hypothesis: If we put gummy bears in salt water then it will not expand. Independent variable: Salt
Dependent variable: Expansion Expansion Salt 0 Tbl 1/2 Tbl 1 Tbl 1 1/2 Tbl 1 cm 2 cm 3 cm 4 cm 5 cm Gummy Bear Results By : Summer Alwakya& Tania Saab
After conducting more experiments with different amounts of salt ( plus research ) I can conclude that NO MATTER how much salt you put into your solution the gummy bear will NOT expand. (Some people actually had them shrink?!) You may try this project with other kinds of liquids! Such as, orange juice, pop, lemonade, and soap (mixed in with water) but tasting them wouldn't be such a good idea! If your wondering how they taste.. -_- just don't because they are DISGUSTING! :P