Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Attempts on the north face of the Eiger
Transcript of Attempts on the north face of the Eiger
By Paddy Nolan
first crampons, heavy made from leather and cast metal
an often the teeth used to break or snap.
THANK YOU!!!!! and now go out and get ice climbing!!!
Why use crampons?
A crampon is a traction device used to improve mobility on snow and ice during ice climbing. Not only are crampons used during ice climbing, but they are also used for secure travel on snow and ice, such as crossing glaciers, snowfields and icefields, ascending snow slopes, and scaling ice-covered rock.
even more enhanced forms of crampons
these are a £600 worth of winter mountaineering boot, these would be used on possible Everest attempts
How to use crampons from the BMC
modern day crampons
these are the range from Grivel, personally i own and use the crampomatic's, they are a perfect crampon for easier ice climbing and winter mountaineering.
you can find out even more about these from their website.