Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Bill Clinton Administration
Transcript of Bill Clinton Administration
- President Clinton quietly assassinating people who get in the way of his career,
- The “body count” list has about 50- 60 people that passed away under a “mysterious circumstance.”
-Grown from a 1993 list by a pro-gun lobby group; “American Justice Federation”
-Later justified; died from well documented accidents (i.e. police officers, pilots or soldiers.)
- North American Free Trade Agreement, creating the world's largest free trade zone.
- protect the jobs of the parents who need to care for their kids who are sick in hospitals.
- Anti-terrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996
- Communications Decency Act; obscenity and indecency in media. Scandal
-intern working at the White House
-ended up having an affair with President Clinton,
-Relocated to the pentagon
-Befriended a coworker & told her about the affair
-Coworker recorded their conversation.
-she proceeded to hand them over to a lawyer
-Presented the case & charged President Clinton.
-President Clinton apologized to the nation on public television for his actions Terms - He was the first Democratic president since Franklin D. Roosevelt to win a second term. Economy - U.S. enjoyed more peace and economic well being than at any time in its history.
- 22.5 million jobs were created!
-Avg income per household was about 42,612 to 48,950. Biography Conspiracy Laws & Acts Foreign Affairs - August 19, 1946
- Hope, Arkansas
-William Jefferson Blythe the third.
-Aspired to be a Saxophone player
- Joined Boys Nation, met JFK
- Went to: George Town, Oxford & Yale The infamous Monica Lewinsky scandal
- Bombed Iraq; Saddam Hussein stopped the United Nations inspection for the evidence of nuclear, chemical and biological weapons. WAR - Clinton tried to clean up after George Bush Sr.; sent troops to Somalia for a famine fight. The mission barely accomplished anything;
-In Haiti, October 1993, attempt to oust Hatian strong man, Raoul Cédras; former President Carter negotiated with the brutal military dictator for his removal from power. Cédras had overthrown the Caribbean nation's president, Jean-Bertrand Aristide, in a coup. Carter had then informed Cedras of Clintons’ plan to invade unless they retreated; with American planes in the air, the generals agreed to leave. Natural Disaster - All around the world, there were 65 declared natural disasters in 1998. - 1995 to 1999 the amount of money American relief funds spent ranged from 400 to 513 million dollars. - Hurricane Andrew- Mississippi River Flood