Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
In the Beginning
Transcript of In the Beginning
Saul The Biblical Narrative King David Archaeological evidence
How did the Israelites enter Canaan?
What about those already there?
Does the archaeological evidence match the biblical narrative? Judges Theories of Arrival
Gradual infultration Discepancy?
What does this mean for Scripture? Work CitedPhotos
Coogan, Michael D. ed. The New Oxford Annotated Bible with the Apocryphal/ Deuterocanonical Books. 3rd Edition. New York: Oxford Press, 2007.
Finkelstein, Israel & Neil Asher Silberman. David and Solomon: In Search of the Bible’s Sacred Kings and the Root of the Western Tradition. New York: Free Press, 2006.
Lemaire, Andre “From The United Monarchy: Saul, David, and Solomon.” In Ancient Israel: From Abraham to the Roman Destruction of the Temple. Edited by Hershel Shanks DC: Biblical Archaeology Society, 1999.
Liverani, Mario. Israel’s History and the History of Israel. translated by Chiara Peri and Philip R. Davies. London: Equinox, 2003.
Noll, K.L. Canaan and Israel in Antiquity. New York: Sheffield Academic Press, 2001.