Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Cerro Prieto
*The Cerro Prieto Volcano is (probably) extinted volacano.
*Cerro Prieto is considered a 223-m-high compound dacitic lava dome
*Lava Dome 223 m/ 732 ft
*Cerro Prieto Volcano is roughly estimated that it was formed from 100,000 to 10,000 years ago
*Cucupas Indian legends described a monster that covered the land with hot rocks, which grew through the soil
*Effusive eruption- magma rises through the surface and flows out of the volcano as a viscous liquid called lava.
*Dacite- is a felsic extrusive rock
*Viscous-having a thick, sticky consistency between solid and liquid
*The location of the volcano is 32.42°N / -115.31°W.
*The last eruption was 10,000 years ago or more.
*The volcano's eruption style is effusive.
By: Breanne Reif