Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Brooklyn Bird Biodiversity
Transcript of Brooklyn Bird Biodiversity
Are there more birds living around the park?
Are there more birds that live in high income areas than the low income areas?
We expected to see more bird species richness and abundance in the high income area
Also, we expected to see more birds closer to the park because if there are more trees, then there is more food.
What do we know
about urban birds?
9 survey sites
5 minute observation at each site
How we did the surveys
We counted how many birds were sitting or walking, but not flying at each site.
We used the data from Fall 2013 and the data we collected this year, and compared the richness and abundance at each site.
Our results do not support our hypothesis possibly because......
Humans affect the natural environment, including different plants and animals species.
Bird have to adapt to new urban landscape
It is important to study biodiversity because, our society often has negative effects on the environment