Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
You can succeed!!!
Transcript of You can succeed!!!
2. Plan - put your tasks in the order they need to be done in and make time for them
3. DO!- make a pact to complete each task
4. Review - check the tasks you did, and make time for the ones you didn't Scheduling Learning Your learning style and how to use it Listening Learning while listening Where and how to get information Efficient study skills and training for tests!!! You can succeed!!! Studying The correct time and place to study By Thumri W. Questions to ask yourself to see how YOU study best:
- when are you most awake and focused?
- do you do hard or easy things first?
- what keeps you going?
- do you study better with friends or by yourself?
- does music distract you or not? Think about:
- your study area
- your time management
- your attitude There are 3 types of learners and ways that they can try to learn and study better. How do you be a good listener? By:
- thinking critically
- making connections
- asking questions and getting involved
- writing notes on main ideas
- focusing on the speaker Internet research:
- WHO (made the website?)
- WHY (was the site created? Whose opinion is it?)
- WHEN (was the page put up?) All research:
- try to start with an encyclopedia
- always write down your information
- keep a dictionary Reading How to remember what you read To help your brain when reading:
- REVIEW Reading tips:
- highlight important info (only in your own books)
- read for pleasure
- look up words you don't know Note-taking Cornell method of note-taking Writing Overcoming essays Thinking How to think critically Thinking skills are some of the most important skills you can have. Help to develop your thinking skills by:
- thinking about everything
- not just accepting what textbooks and teachers say
- asking 'why?'
- finding out how and where information came from
- always looking at a fact from different sides Remembering The key to how to not forget! Preparing The main things to do when preparing for a test Some basic test preparation : Test-taking Different strategies for different tests Good places to study have:
- a good setting (peaceful, quiet, room temperature, clean place to work, and the necessary tools.) Library research:
- be close with your library
- ask your librarian for help Taking useful notes Things to keep in mind when taking notes:
- try to only write the main points
- use your own words and put your notes in point form
- use initials and abbreviations (ex: D.N.A., A.M.)
- write down the things that are on the board - start with a rough copy
- always proofread your work
- check your spelling and grammar
- make sure your handwriting or font is neat
- count your words The three types of learners and ways that they can try to learn better Auditory learner:
- to read and repeat facts out loud
- to learn from lectures, tapes, and discuss with others Visual learner:
- to take notes, draw diagrams/charts/tables
- to organize, rewrite, highlight, or color code notes Tactile/kinesthetic learner:
- to make lists or write facts out several times
- to use computers and study aids Remember, all essays have a(n):
INTRODUCTION - contains a thesis
BODY - should connect with the paragraphs around it and have a topic sentence
CONCLUSION - has a summary and ties your essay together Steps to help you remember info:
1. When you first learn something, learn it properly.
2. Have some time to review something you just learned.
3. Review, say, and repeat after you have read something.
4. Use memory games to remember better Memory
Side Before reviewing, find out:
- what test it will be
-how much it's worth
-what will be on the test
-when it will be While reviewing:
- get the needed supplies and use study aids
- make a schedule and try to go to a group study session
- take short breaks After reviewing:
- sleep (it is essential to refresh your brain)
- eat (try to have a nutritious breakfast) - read the directions carefully
- write your name on the test
- look over the test before you start
- look at the questions you know the answers to and the ones worth the most marks
- be aware of the time
- ask questions if you don't understand
- go over your test Math tests Multiple choice Electronic tests Tips for tests Short answers Essays Matching - see if you can use a calculator
- be very neat
- even if you can't answer the question, write down what you can do - have an answer to the question before you look at the choices
- try to answer every question
- the detailed answers are correct most of the time - make sure your spelling and grammar are correct
- bring extra paper
- try to answer the easy questions first - write in full sentences
- try to answer every question and be as specific as possible - do a quick outline
- always double space
- write neatly
- read it over
- keep track of the time - start with the ones you are sure about
- try to match everything
- check what you are matching The key to time management You can succeed!!! Now that you have read my Prezi, you are sure to achieve high marks in school!!! Name: Thumri right 1. 2. 3. !!!