Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Drug Epidemic: Crystal Meth
Transcript of Drug Epidemic: Crystal Meth
by: MaryAnn, Shelden
Issues/problems in hawaii.
Hawaii has the 34th highest drug overdose mortality rate in the united state.
Meth is a non prescription drug which is being abused.
How people use crystal meth?
Where is oahu is crystal meth being abused?
- Inhaling throught the nose
- Injecting it with a needle.
- Some even take it orally
Abusers prefer high purity- averagaing over 90% crystal meth
The Meth Program(NOT EVEN ONCE) meth kills!!!
Physical and mental effects
Web sites about info
Successful meth treatment requires the use of cognitive-behavioral therapy. The cognitive-behavioral therapy approach, which focuses on how the way we think affects our feelings and actions, helps patients identify and plan for the triggers associated with the substance abuse. This approach prepares the addict for life-long recovery.
rotting teeth (meth mouth)
obsessive compulsive behaviors
Withdraw from friends & family, increases in criminal activity to support addiction, violent behavior, and suicde.
Pictuers of what meth can do to you!!
How many of you guys have seen people or grew up around drugs?
Why do you think they did meth in the first places??