Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
5.06 Lab Time
Transcript of 5.06 Lab Time
Eye Drops: Base
Lemon Juice: Acid
May have an hard time seeing the chart so I'll write it out as well.
-Bleach, Green, Yellow, 12, Base
-Detergent, Green, Blue, 8, Base
-Eye Drops, Blue, Blue, 7, Neutral
-Lemon Juice, Yellow, Red, 3, Acid
-Tea, Brown, Light Brown, 4-6, Acid
1.Place the five substances in order of increasing pH — from most acidic to most basic.
Tea, Lemon Juice, Eye Drops, Detergent, and Bleach.
2.Orange juice has a pH of 4. What color would you expect the paper test strip to be after it is dipped in a sample of orange juice.
I think the paper test will turn into a light orange color.
3. Determining the pH of substances such as purple grape juice and catsup using test strip can be difficult. Why?
I think that it will probably be difficult to see the color change on the paper.
4.Tear–free shampoos are advertized as having a pH similar to that of human tears. What pH would you expect tear–free shampoos to be?
I think the pH will be neutral, because just like eye drop helps the eyes and doesnt irritate them, tear free shampoo should do the same.
5.What is the approximate hydronium ion concentration and hydroxide ion concentration in a cup of tea? Which is higher?
The approximate hydronium ion concentration for tea is mol dm-3 and hydroxide ion concentration in a cup of tea is 1.58. So basically hydronium ion concentration is higher.
6. What is the approximate hydronium ion concentration and hydroxide ion concentration in bleach? Which is higher? The approximate hydronium ion concentration is 12 but under 0.0398 and hydroxide ion concentration in bleach is 0.0398. So hydronium ion concentration is higher.