Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of DNA Technology
Disease / Pest / Weather Resistant Crops Recombinant DNA DNA made from two or more organisms Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Gel Electrophoresis DNA Fingerprint -Process to quickly make copies of small pieces of DNA
-No longer needed large samples to extract DNA -Technique used to separate DNA out by fragment size using a special gel
-DNA has a negative charge and will be attracted to the positive charge of the gel
-Large DNA fragments will not travel as far in gel -Crime Scene Investigation
-Using PCR and Gel Electrophoresis to obtain DNA
-Small samples of DNA (hair, blood, semen, skin, bone) Carp
Wolf What do these animals have in common? They have all been cloned! The Future... - Designer Babies?
- Attack of the Clones?