Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Celebration Project
I don't like work — no man does — but I like what is in work — the chance to find yourself. Your own reality — for yourself, not for others — what no other man can ever know.
Heart of Darkness Realism Eilif Peterssen-Laksefiskeren 1889 Crime and Punishment By: Ernie Sliter Celebration Essay Who am I?
What do I believe? How do the concepts presented in the literature studied into this course affect my view of the world?
Furthermore, how do they confirm, quality, defend, or challenge my beliefs? Realism Struggle to accept reality. Desire to find truth the tendency to view or represent
things as they really are. Reality vs Appearance Reality vs Illusion Acceptance of reality South Korean Heritage Raskolnikov vs Gatsby Raskolnikov -Both despise of the idea of poverty, even though neither of them grew up wealthy
- Both are alienated from the rest of society
- Both fail to complete their education because of money.
- Both commit crimes to attain their reality Jay Gatsby Florence Owens Thompson -Mother's favorite photographs
-Importance of Family
- Great Depression Protecting the Environment The Migrant Mother Alienation from society
Idea of a Superman Acceptance of Reality The Great Gatsby Decline of the American Dream
The Jazz Age Don't commit crimes Alienation from society Importance of family - Began after Romanticism in the early 1860s
- the attempt to represent subject matter truthfully, without artificiality, and avoiding artistic conventions, implausible, exotic and supernatural elements. Henri BIVA, ca 1905-06, Matin à Villeneuve I am a realist. I believe that being a realist not only motivates you to actively pursue goals, but also ensures that you choose the right goals, ones that are both challenging and achievable. Realism Lyric