Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Graphic Novels and Comics
Transcript of Graphic Novels and Comics
An introduction to Semiotics and the Semiotic aspects of Graphic Novels and Comics
& Joe Trotta
Thanks for your attention!
where there is choice, there is meaning;
when you choose one sign over another, then you mean something by it
codes (the ‘keys’ to understanding the meanings of signs)
myths: a combination of paradigms and syntagms that make up an oft-told story with elaborate cultural associations, e.g., the cowboy myth, the romance myth, etc.
Words & images
Words & Images:
Anchorage & Relay
encoding and decoding