Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What's an Archetype?
Transcript of What's an Archetype?
-building blocks of storytelling
(ex: a baby=
& innocence; a road or train= a life journey)
-certain types of
show up over & over in stories.
Who & When
-Carl Jung (a psychologist) came up with the term. He thought most people fell into certain
-Lit. Teachers: saw characters, plots, settings matched
When: Archetypes found in all time periods (& in all
(a desert, an island, in wilderness, a garden, a river,etc.)
(the quest, the journey, the fall, the ritual/coming of age, etc.)
(the hero, the villain, the scapegoat, the explorer,etc.)
Settings, Plots, Characters