Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
2015 Corps Experience
Transcript of 2015 Corps Experience
Soon you'll be off to Tulsa
with the full Colorado Corps the day before you begin institute. Here we will seek to unite our subregions and communities common mission throughout Colorado to achieve educational excellence for all students. Becoming a transformative leader is a lifelong commitment, one you have been carefully chosen for. By working together we will have a powerful
in Colorado and you will begin your impact in Tulsa over the summer.
Living out the mission in multiple ways based on who you are as a leader and what is needed
It began with an idea.
You were inspired, you were committed to change, you wanted a way to make a difference. You clicked the button to apply and you selected Colorado.
Building on your strengths and areas of development from year one
Creating ways to impact long term change in your community
Determining how you will lead in the upcoming year
You were accepted!
You found out you were coming to Denver!
And now it is time to grow your roots
Online modules and in person sessions listed below
July 29th 5:30-7:30 pm
August 5th 5:30-7:30 pm
August 6th 6-8pm;
August 12th 5:30-7:30 pm
August 13th 6-8pm;
August 19th 5:30-7:30 pm
Beginning of Year meeting with your MTLD (various schedules)
Monday, Thursday August 3rd, 6th 6:00-8:00 pm
Monday, Thursday August10th, 13th 6:00-8:00 pm
Personal Development Plan
Unique to your school district or school site. You will have training dates communicated as you get hired. These dates could start as early as July 15th.
Subregional social events hosted by 2nd year CMs!
And your students.
Prepared for the first day of school and the beginning of year one because it is all about you and not at all about you.
A preview of your path
This movement requires everyone
and there are so many ways to lead
Creating your vision with your students
Developing yourself as a teaching professional and attaining and Intitial License
Deepening your roots in the community
Becoming an agent of change with your students
Working with your MTLD and admin staff to improve in your career
Attending professional development from your school, TFA, and CU Denver ASPIRE
“The highest education is that which does not merely give us information but makes our life in
with all existence.” Colorado is an exciting place to live and work. Preparing to begin this journey requires you to be reflective and resilient leader committed to constantly improving. During this time you will grow in your understanding of your community, your practice, and your place in this movement.
will prepare you to start the school year.
It's all about you and it's not all about you.
Induction 1.0 Outcomes
1. Feel part of the Colorado TFA team, understand context of their future community, and be excited about sub-region and placement.
2. Be able to determine how values, experiences, and strengths shape you as a teaching professional and contribute to this mission
3. Engage in the Hiring Event
4. Build connections from the pre-work and understand where you are headed in your development as a member of TFA
1. Who am I?
2. Who are the people in this work?
3. Who will I be?
BACK HOME TO COLORADO
What are your expectations for yourself?
What are your expectations of the TFA team?
What are your fears and hesitations?