Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
K'La Novencidoon 28 January 2013
Transcript of Strengthsfinder
Discuss why a strengths-based approach is most effective
Learn how to maximize your talents as a leader What is today about? Flawed assumptions:
1. Each person can learn to be competent in almost anything
2. Each person's greatest room for growth is in his or her areas of greatest weakness
Research on top achievers point to three findings:
1.The best of the best build their lives upon their greatest talents
2. They manage their weakness
3. They invent ways to use their talents in areas they want to improve and increase their performance Premise of Strengthsfinders 2.0 TALENT (a natural way of thinking, feeling, or behaving)
INVESTMENT (time spent practicing, developing your skills, and building your knowledge base
STRENGTH (the ability to consistently provide near-perfect performance) Copyright 2001
The Gallup Organization, Princeton, NJ Myth: As you grow, you change.
Truth: As you grow you become more of who you already are.
Myth: You will grow the most in your areas of greatest weakness.
Truth: You will grow the most in your areas of greatest strength.
Myth: A good team member does whatever it takes to help the team.
Truth: A good team member deliberately volunteers his strengths to the team. Listen for yearnings
Watch for satisfaction and rapid learning
Look for the restorative quality Developing Talents into Strengths Manage Your Weaknesses Choose one theme and tell us about a way you use it at work or at home.
What is it about this theme that invigorates or fulfills you? What are YOUR strengths? Where have you shown success in the past year on the account?
What strengths were in play?
How can you duplicate that in the future?
Teams function best when the members know what they can rely on each other for.
What are your team member's strengths?
What strengths can you contribute that will lead us to "near-perfect" account performance? Final Thoughts... Copyright: StrengthsQuest, The Gallup Organization (June 2002) x _______________________________________________ Find a partner
Change your role
Change your perspective Our Results...