Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Writing
Writing in Humanities
Writing in humanities is used creatively, theoretically, interpretively and analytically.
In the humanities, academic journals are aimed at educated people and/or professionals in the field, while popular sources are aimed toward the general public who have in interest in the topic.
Issues in Humanities
The issues discussed in humanities are based on the way professionals are viewed and how they make an impact on society.
Technology in the humanities serve vital roles in the day to day functions and marketing of the professionals in those field.
Academic and Popular Sources
Magazines and Other Popular Sources
Day to Day Functions and Education
Viewed by Society
Impact on Society
Marketing and Self-Promotion
Careers in humanities can be unpredictable and require a considerable amount of advocacy and self marketing.
1. Smith, Allison D., and Trixie G. Smith. "Building Bridges Through Writing." Southlake, TX: Fountainhead Press, 2014. Print.
2. Smith, Raychl. Personal interview. 8 Sept. 2016.
3. Bova, Ken Personal interview. 1 Sept. 2016
4. Font-Navarette, David. Academic Writing in the Disciplines. Duke University, https://www.coursera.org/learn/english-composition/lecture/h8Ewe/spotlight-on-the-humanities-academic-writing
5. Smith, Raychl. Personal interview. 8 Sept. 2016.
6. Wagoner, Cynthia. Personal Interview. 13 Sept. 2016.
7. Hur, Mi Sook, Personal interview Sept. 3
8. Smith, Raychl. Personal interview. 8 Sept. 2016.
9. "Jewelry Magazines."
All You Can Read
. All You Can Read, n.d. Web. Sept.-Oct. 2016.
10. Wagoner, Cynthia. Personal Interview. 13 Sept. 2016.
11. Fuller, Beth. Personal interview. 2 Sept. 2016.
12. Hur, Mi Sook, Personal interview 3 Sept. 2016.
13. Zuckerman, Bill. "What can you do with a Music Degree?" Music School Central, 12 Nov. 2014. http://musicschoolcentral.com/can-music-degree-70-careers-salaries-revealed/5/
14. Smith, Raychl. Personal interview. 8 Sept. 2016.