Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of PEP 443
Courtesy of memegenerator.net
A generic function is composed of multiple functions implementing the same operation for different types. Which implementation should be used during a call is determined by the dispatch algorithm. When the implementation is chosen based on the type of a single argument, this is known as single dispatch.
Single-dispatch generic functions
References and Resources
Motivation and Goals
: Lots of generic functions in std lib with custom implementations: len(), iter(), copy.copy()
: Inspection (i.e. if/elif/else) considered an anti-pattern.
: Provide a uniform API to address dynamic overloading using decorators for both stdlib developers and "normal" developers.