Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of PEP 443
Courtesy of memegenerator.net
A generic function is composed of multiple functions implementing the same operation for different types. Which implementation should be used during a call is determined by the dispatch algorithm. When the implementation is chosen based on the type of a single argument, this is known as single dispatch.
Single-dispatch generic functions
References and Resources
Motivation and Goals
: Lots of generic functions in std lib with custom implementations: len(), iter(), copy.copy()
: Inspection (i.e. if/elif/else) considered an anti-pattern.
: Provide a uniform API to address dynamic overloading using decorators for both stdlib developers and "normal" developers.