Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Vocabulary
How to Make/Use a Tree Diagram
Using a Tree Diagram to Find the Sample Space
theoretical probability- used when outcomes are equally likely
counting principle- mn
sample space- all possible outcomes of an experiment
If there are m ways of making one choice, and n ways of making a second choice, then there are (m)n ways of making the first choice followed by the second .
Now YOU Try It!
You decide to make a sandwich for lunch. There are several things in the kitchen to use for your sandwich. You could use wheat or whole grain bread. You can also choose ham or turkey. Finally, you can add cheese, lettuce, or tomatoes. Make a tree diagram for all the different sandwiches you can make.
There are 6 different flavors of ice cream. You can choose to have one scoop of ice cream in any of the 3 sizes of cones available. Using the counting principle, find how many different single-scoop ice creams you could order.
Using a tree diagram to find the sample space for tossing three coins . Then find each probability.
Homework: 1, 3, 6, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 18, 19