Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Our MySciLife Journey
Transcript of Our MySciLife Journey
The Research - The Challenge
Students were stretched! They were challenged to find credible resources and cite them! The expectations that MySciLife requires took students out of the "copy and paste" world that they were used to.
"They Got Skills"
Students fully take on their MySciLife identities and speak in first person for all posts and comments. Taking on the identity of the concepts makes it personal - it makes it real!
Turns Out....It's Fun!
Students were a bit timid at first, but after diving in found that MySciLife is fun! The computer lab was full of comments like, "I like the way you teach, I wish we could do this in other classes!" and "This is fun. Can we comment on other students' posts?"
Mission Accomplished - Fun Learning!
Why teach science concepts with MySciLife? Because it is a challenge, it uses technology, it requires credible research, it is fun, and IT WORKS!
The assignment - create a scientific identity, research the concept, and write up a post, in first person!
The response - WHAT?
Don't make us