Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Social well-being: well-being of individuals and communities
Transcript of Social well-being: well-being of individuals and communities
Length of Life
- % thriving (Cantril ladder, RWJF/G-H)
- Average score on personal well-being (RWJF)
- % quality of life good or better (PROMIS 02)
- % reporting health good or better (RWJF/IOM)
-Years of Life added
-Average life expectancy (RWJF; IOM)
Change in total resource consumption:
Total health and human services resource consumptions
- Total healthcare spending per capita (IOM)
- Total health spending per capita
- Total social service spending per capita
- % who spend >10% of personal income on health, or uninsured (IOM/Commonwealth)
- Average amount of out of pocket spending on caregiving, as reported by adults 18 years and older (RWJF)
- Average health care expenditure by family (RWJF)
- Annual average Medicare payment per decedent in the last year of life (RWJF)
- Ratio of annual social spending to annual health expenditures (RWJF: from OECD and CMS National Health Expenditures)
Delta(Subjective Well-Being Years X Length of Life) / Change in total resource consumption
Stratified by equity measures
- Number of jurisdictions with complete street policies in place (RWJF)
- % local health departments that collaborated with community organizations in at least four public health program areas in the last year (RWJF)
- Ability to access systems (e.g., healthcare, education, social services, housing)
- Ability to engage in community (e.g., voting, volunteering, participation in social or political activities)
- Number and quality of partnerships across sectors (e.g., healthcare, public health, social services)
- % Green space
- Crime rate / perceived safety
- Annual dollar amount of US corporate contributions to education (K-12 and higher education) and to community/economic development sectors (RWJF)
- Annual percent of working parents who are eligible for FMLA leave and can also afford it, nationally and by state (RWJF)
- Number of states where 60 percent or more of preschoolers (3- and 4-year-olds) is enrolled in preschool (RWJF)
- Percent of families spending excessive levels of monthly income on housing costs for either rent or mortgage. Excessive = 50% or more of income (RWJF)
- System function: safe, timely, efficient, effective, equitable, person-centered (IOM)
- Policies that support collaboration across sectors
- Optimal resource investment across sectors
- % with good or better physical health (PROMIS G03)
- Gallup-Healthways Physical Well-Being Index
- In the past 7 days, I felt very healthy (PROMIS Pediatric SWB)
- % with good or better mental health (PROMIS G04)
- % with 0 days of poor mental health in the past month (BRFSS: HRQOL-4)
- % felt happy in the past 7 days (PROMIS Pediatric SWB)
- % in a good mood in past 7 days (PROMIS Pediatric SWB)
- % good or better satisfaction with social activities and relationships (PROMIS 05)
- % reporting adequate social and emotional support (BRFSS/RWJF/IOM)
- Gallup-Healthways Social Well-Being Index
- % happy with my friendships when thinking about the past 4 weeks (PROMIS Pediatric SWB)
- % purposeful and meaningful life (Short Flourishing Scale – PROMIS)
- % agreed “My life has meaning” when thinking about his/her life (PROMIS Pediatric SWB)
Outcomes and determinants of well-being that operate at the level of individuals or groups of individuals.
Outcomes and determinants of well-being that operate at a community level, beyond the aggregation of individuals within the community.
Outcomes and determinants of well-being that operate at the level of the larger society.
Social Well-Being Domain:
well-being of individuals and communities related to number, strength and quality of relationships, experienced as support and belonging at the individual level and cohesion/efficacy at the community level
Total Resources Consumed (TRC)
: NPV of resources consumed by an intervention and impact on broader resource consumption, in healthcare and other sectors of the economy over XXX number of years.
Change in Total Resources Consumed
: Difference between predicted TRC with the intervention versus without
number of years of life in a population (life expectancy minus years lived; more complicated - look up definition)
: Well-being adjusted life year - one year of life lived in perfect well-being across all 4 domains
: Processes, characteristics, or features of communities, systems, and societies that support the achievement of well-being across multiple domains.
Domains of well-being
: physical, mental, social, and spiritual (WHO+)
Levels of well-being
: individual/population, community, societal