Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of NOUNS
Things that you can count
Common and Proper
Most nouns add "S" for the plural form.
People, places, things or ideas
Without Capital letter
With Capital Letter
woman, dog, shoe
Pacific Ocean, Central Park Matt
Things that you can't count
Pen, dog, cat
Music, rice, happiness
A little bit of
A lot of
*Containers: A piece of, a bottle of,etc
with people and animal:
*Family relations: (Tom
*Inanimate things: (Tomorrow
There are 2 ways to show the possession
We use the preposition
Words ending in -S:
Parents -----My parents
Proper Nouns don't use article "the"
The Peter's house
The boy's house
John and Sara
When the writer wishes to make a generalization about something or things.
Cats are mammals.
The table is big
When the writer wishes to talk about something or things in particular.
My cat has a long tail
The table of my house is big
It is a noun that is made up of two or more words.
The combination of two words can be written together with a hyphen, united in a single word or separated.
THE PLURAL OF COMPOUND NOUNS
1. Adding -s
2. When the name is composed of two nouns and the second is used only as a complement, the first takes the plural.
3. In compound nouns with nouns man and woman, the two nouns take the plural.
PLURAL OF NOUNS
A concrete nounis the name of something or someone that we experience through our senses,sight,hearing,smell, touch or taste.
* My dog is pretty
*The tables are clean
An abstract noun is a noun that you cannot sense, it is the name we give to an emotion ideal or idea. They have no physical existence, you can´t see,hear,touch,smell or taste them.
some common abstract noun:
A collective noun is a noun that can be singual in form while referring to a group of people or things.
Groups of people: Army, class, committee,family,jury,police, team.
Groups of animals colony,flock,herd,pack,pod.
groups of things: bunch clump, pair set,stack.
Nouns ending in (ss-ch-sh-x-z) add "es"
Nouns ending in (y) preceded by a consonant change (y) for an (i) and add
Nous ending in FE- F change to VES.
*Units of measurement: a kilo of, a pound of, etc
They are words used to refer to people, object, creatures, places, qualities and abstract ideas as they were "things".
the noun-gender tells us about the sex of the noun. In grammar-nouns, there are four genders.
1. Masculine-gender : (man,lion,hero,boy,king,horse and actor)
2. feminine gender: ( woman,lioness,heroine,girl,mare,
niece,empress,cow and actress)
3. common gender: ( child,student,friend,applicant,
candidate servant and member parliamentarian.
4. neuter gender: ( chair,table,tree,star,mountain,street,
car,school,book,paper,pencil and computer