Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Acid-Base Balance
O2 Sat.: 95-99%
Metabolic Equal (same)
What is it, and who are the main players?
Result of Hypoventilation, why?
Arterial Blood Gas analysis is the most effective and common method of acid-base balance evaluation
Types of Imbalances
Deep, rapid breathing, why?
What is the Allen's Test?
Who is in control?
Respiratory controls CO2
Too little CO2: retained
Too much CO2: blown off
response is QUICK 1-3 minutes
Kidneys control HCO3
Too much base= excretion
Too little base= retention
Response is SLOW take hours-days....
Is pH high? Alkalosis
Is pH low? Acidosis