Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Acid-Base Balance
O2 Sat.: 95-99%
Metabolic Equal (same)
What is it, and who are the main players?
Result of Hypoventilation, why?
Arterial Blood Gas analysis is the most effective and common method of acid-base balance evaluation
Types of Imbalances
Deep, rapid breathing, why?
What is the Allen's Test?
Who is in control?
Respiratory controls CO2
Too little CO2: retained
Too much CO2: blown off
response is QUICK 1-3 minutes
Kidneys control HCO3
Too much base= excretion
Too little base= retention
Response is SLOW take hours-days....
Is pH high? Alkalosis
Is pH low? Acidosis