Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of AC/DC
The principal members in the band, AC/DC were:
Bon Scott (original name Ronald Belford Scott)
Phil Rudd (original name Phillip Rudzevecuis)
New Plague Identified as AIDS
Michael Jackson Releases Thriller
Berlin Wall Falls
World Wide Web Invented
AC/DC is an Australian hard rock band, formed in November 1973.
For three decades, AC/DC had reigned as one of the best loved and hardest-rocking bands in the world!
The Pioneers of Heavy Metal
The Big Picture:
Impact Or Reflect?
Music of AC/DC
Description of the music
AC/DC mainly impacted history, influencing many bands. For thirty years, AC/DC produced some of the roughest and loudest types of songs in heavy metal history. The group was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2003, and also collected its first Grammy Award in 2010 (in the category of best hard rock performance) for the single “War Machine.” "Thirty years on, AC/DC continues to give the fans what they want. Through it all, they’ve never lost the common touch - the sense that the band and their audience were interchangeable, and that both were celebrating the joyful jolt of electricity provided by good, hard, uncompromising rock and roll," (The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame + Museum, 1).
AC/DC is a scientific name for converting electricity. For electrical equipment to work, AC must be changed to DC, by using a rectifier. This can be related to some of their songs and album names. AC/DC's lyrics usually deal with some combination of drinking, and rock.
Back in black was a very popular song in their seventh album. Back in Black was a tribute to Bon Scott, the lead singer and lyricist.
Back in Black
1. "Back in Black - AC/DC." VEVO. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 June 2015. <http://vevo.ly/RIwdHe>.
2. "The Legacy of Australian Hard Rock: Bands Influenced by AC/DC, Cold Chisel, and Other Icons." Aldo Leopardi Music RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 June 2015.
3. "Log in." Britannica School. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 June 2015. <http://school.eb.com/levels/middle/article/606602>.
4. "The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame + Museum." AC/DC Biography. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 June 2015. <https://rockhall.com/inductees/ac-dc/bio/>.
5. Yamami, Wynn, Joan Goldsworthy, and FRAN ALEXANDER , PETER BLAIR , JOHN DAINTITH , ALICE GRANDISON , VALERIE ILLINGWORTH , ELIZABETH MARTIN , ANNE STIBBS , JUDY PEARSALL ,;SARA TULLOCH. "AC/DC." Encyclopedia.com. HighBeam Research, 01 Jan. 2004. Web. 05 June 2015.