Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Poverty in To Kill A Mockingbird
Transcript of Poverty in To Kill A Mockingbird
1. "Walter Cunningham's face told everybody in the first grade he had hookworms. His
absence of shoes
told us how he got them."
2. Maycomb's Ewells lived behind the town garbage dump...
the cabin's plank walls were supplemented with sheets of corrugated iron, its roof shingled with tin cans hammered flat
To Kill A Mockingbird
To prevent poverty in the USA and any other countries we have to work together and to stay together all the time. We could create more good jobs for people, we could also help families by donating food and clothes every time they need it. People need to touch their heart and need to donate things for people who really need them. They can donate food cans to many people that don’t have enough money to feed their family. They can also give away clothes shoes that they don’t want or use no more. But the most important of all is to give them the support that they need. The affect that this charity could have is that if you give away the more they will return and you will have the triple of what you use to have. They also need medications to be healthy, to stay out if any diseases that can cause death, especially in new born and children under 15.
How our solution relates to the novel
1. The Novel is set in 1930’s, which is when the Great Depression occurred in America, and during the Great Depression, many people were struck by Poverty. People lost homes, jobs, and all they had. It was a very dark time.
2. The solution to the Great Depression, was actually World War II, the war effort gave people jobs, which gave people money, which solved the problem of Poverty, and how we solve Poverty in the real world, is by giving people jobs. And to subdue the Poverty, there were bread lines, where people that couldn’t afford anything could at least get food, making poverty not so destructive.
We need to raise awareness of all of the poverty in the world. There are so many people dying everyday because they do not have food and/or shelter. To help those people out we should have a food drive. People can come by and donate a couple cans to someone that doesn't have any. I think that couple really help a lot of people.
Real World Examples of Poverty
1. Today, over 40% of people living in sub-Saharan Africa live in the absolute poverty.
2. 1 billion children live in poverty(1 in 2 children in the world). 10.6 died in 2003 before they reached the age of 5 because of the bad conditions they were living in.