Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Adrenaline
Increases blood pressure.
Increase of speed and strength.
Barely feel pain. Time slows down.
Focused on what's in front of you.
Inability to think clearly
Mind wanders off How does the adrenaline get around the body? The brain sends signals to the Adrenal Glands to produce adrenaline. When adrenaline is secreted into the blood stream, the rate that the heart beats, increases. This allows more oxygen to get to the muscles which in return work at a much higher level. Speed Strength Is scientifically and medically known as Epinephrine What happens after the rush is over? The "rush" normally only ends when the situation is dealt with. Once it is resolved, the body returns to normal. However, there is usually some adrenaline left inside your blood stream. If it is not removed, it will lead to:
Insomnia Slow Motion Focus in front Now, a few pictures that represent some of these things. What exactly is released from the adrenal glands? Well, the chemical structure for adrenaline is C9H13NO3. There are nine Carbon, thirteen Hydrogen and 3 Nobelium. However, when Adrenaline is released, another substance is released as well. It is called Norepinephrine. 80% of what is released is Epinephrine (Adrenaline), the other 20% is Norepinephrine. Norepinephrine works almost the same as Adrenaline, but it also sends nerve impulses through neurons. An Image of Adrenaline's Chemical Structure However, there are an immense amount of people who misuse/abuse the feeling of having an adrenaline rush. They are addicted to having the pleasurable feeling inside their body. These people, are known as adrenaline junkies. It may not seem that bad, but it is as addictive as a drug, and several bad things, both mental and physical can come from being addicted to this rush. What Could Go Wrong Physically Mentally Doing dangerous activities.
Tries to pick fights.
Fills life with drama/conflict. Seclude themselves.
Always thinking how to get the rush. Pictures that represent Junkies Adrenaline can also be a good thing. In fact, it has saved peoples lives. Whether is was a mother pulling her baby out of crashed car, or a man pulling down a burning door to save her wife. Adrenaline can be a great thing if used correctly! I will show you a video of how the Adrenaline rush one policeman got, saved him, and the people in a house about to erupt in fire. Here is the Video: It is a long, but interesting video. Credits for Mr. Myers Information Credits: • http://www.menshealth.com/health/adrenaline-rush
• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06jbq3bxKE0&feature=related Picture Credits Picture Credits • http://dev.wavemaker.com/forums/?q=node/3891
• http://connectthedotsmovement.wordpress.com/2010/06/26/surprise-we-are-not-alone-2/ (Videos Included) The End