Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Holophrastic Stage
Transcript of The Holophrastic Stage
to link with a child’s own action or desire for an action
to convey emotions
a naming function common words include;
- car Young children often over-generalise words due to their limited vocabulary:
"bottle" used to refer to any drink
"teddy" used to refer to any soft toy
"dog" refers to a range of animals that the child is unable to pronounce
"car" refers to anything with wheels e.g. trains, planes It has been suggested that the number of
holophrastic words a child can say depends on the parent.
The word choices and phrases that are used by the
child come from the parent’s language,
therefore it is crucial that a child
interacts daily with their parents
during language development. Thanks for watching!