Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
PERSONALITY - PART 3
Transcript of PERSONALITY - PART 3
Temperament - the "raw material" from which personalities are formed...refers to the hereditary aspects of personality....biological predispositions to be sensitive, irritable, distractable...
Personality starts to stabilize at age 3 and hardens at age 50.
Behavioral Genetics - the study of inherited behavioral traits and tendencies.
MEASUREMENT OF PERSONALITY
Personality Tests - Simulation
OCEAN - Openness, Conscientiousness, Extroversion, Agreeableness, Neuroticism
Shyness is a tendency to avoid others
plus uneasiness or strain when socializing.
2 things related to shyness - genetic predisposition and public self consciousness
1. I've got to be active in social situations
2. If you wait around long enough at a social gathering, something will happen.
3. Other people who are popular are just lucky when it comes to being invited to social events
or getting asked out.
4. If someone doesn't seem to like you
right away, they really don't like
you and probably never will
SOCIAL (BEHAVIORAL=>) COGNITIVE PERSONALITY THEORY
Behavioral Personality Theories - any model of personality that emphasizes learning and observable behavior:
Situational Determinants - External Conditions That Strongly Influence Behavior....Steve Jobs...Stanford
Prior Learning and the Current Situation affect
Learned Behavior Patterns are called habits.
1. Interviews- face-to-face talk to gather information
2. Observation-assessing behavior through observing
3. Questionnaires-Paper & Pencil or Online questions
that reveal aspects of personality. OCEAN, MMPI2
4. Projective Tests- Psychological tests which make
use of ambiguous or unstructured stimuli. Rorschach , TAT
Big Five Personality Traits in Movies (Allison Herrington 4:54)
Social Reinforcement is based on praise, attention, approval from others.
Identification refers to the child's
emotional attachment to admired adults,
which typically encourages imitation
(a desire to act like the admired person).
OCEAN PERSONALITY TEST:
MMPI - Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Test
SITUATIONAL JUDGEMENT TESTING Situational judgment tests (SJTs)
or Inventories (SJIs) are a type of psychological test which present
the test-taker with realistic, hypothetical scenarios and ask the individual
to identify the most appropriate
response or to rank the responses
in the order they feel is most effective.
Stressing that the way to understand the person is to focus on his or her life history and life story. Erik Erikson did a psychobiography of the life of Ghandi.
THE BIOLOGY OF PERSONALITY...
NEUROTRANSMITORS, BRAIN REWARD CENTERS.....
BIOLOGICAL THEORIES OF PERSONALITY
PHONOLOGICAL & LIFE STORY THEORY
PERSONALITY & HEALTH & WELLNESS
Conscientiousness and personal control relate to health and
longevity through their association with healthy lifestyle choices.