Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Present Simple and Present Continuous
Transcript of Present Simple and Present Continuous
Present Continuous Present Simple USE STRUCTURE He doesn't eat fish For affirmative sentences: The Simple Present to express the idea that an action is repeated or usual. The action can be a habit, a hobby, a daily event, a scheduled event or something that often happens I usually get up at 7 o'clock Does she play football?
- Yes, she does. I/we/ you/they :
Subject + auxiliary verb ("to do") + negative auxiliary ("not") + main verb. He/she/it:
Subject + auxiliary verb ("to does") + negative auxiliary ("not") + main verb. For negative sentences: Subject + verb
(I/we/ you/they) In third person: subject + verb + es/s
(He/she/it) She works in the hospital.
Mateo studies in this school. For questions sentences: I/we/ you/they :
Questions Auxiliary verb ("to do") + subject + main verb? In the third person (he, she, it) you take out 's' or 'es' because you have 'Does': Questions Auxiliary verb ("to does") + subject + main verb? Aff.: She works in this shop
Questons: Does she work in this factory? TAKE OUT 's' or 'es'! She doesn't works in the shop. X
She doesn't work in the shop. KEY BORDS - always
- on Saturdays
- on occasion Present Continuous USE STRUCTURE To express actions that are happening now and actions that are happening at present, but not necessarily at this moment For affirmative sentences: He is watching TV. She isn't playing golf Is she playing golf? anwser Auxilary: affirmative,question, and negative
¨Be¨ in present: am , is .are
- He's sleeping
- He isn't sleeping
- Is he sleeping? Subject + am / is / are + present participle (verb+ing).
I'm playing For negative sentences: Subject + am not / isn't / aren't + present participle (verb+ing)
I'm not studying For questions sentences: Questions + Am / is / are + Subject + present participle (verb+ing) + ?
Are you coming with me guys? KEY BORDS - at the moment
- this week