Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of PINEBARRENS
Because of past logging, frequent fires, and an absence of seed source, the pines have been virtually eliminated and oak sprouts and shrubs are now the dominant woody species.
The pine barrens community occurs on landforms that include outwash plains, glacial lakeplains, and broad sandy terraces. The soil is almost always dry and sandy, and is low in nutrients The Gotham Jack Pine Barrens is located on the Wisconsin River sand terraces in Richland County. Itcontains the largest and best remaining black oak and Jack pine barrens in Richland County. Gotham Jack Pine Barrens is owned by the DNR and was designated a State Natural Area in 1994.