Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Adidas & Nike (Vision and Mission)
Transcript of Adidas & Nike (Vision and Mission)
Nike’s Mission Statement
“to bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world.”
The adidas Group strives to be the global leader in the sporting goods industry with brands built on a passion for sports and a sporting lifestyle. We are committed to continuously strengthening our brands and products to improve our competitive position.
We are innovation and design leaders who seek to help athletes of all skill levels achieve peak performance with every product we bring to market.
We are consumer focused and therefore we continuously improve the quality, look, feel, and image of our products and our organizational structures to match and exceed consumer expectations and to provide them with the highest value.
We are a global organization that is socially and environmentally responsible, that embraces creativity and diversity, and is financially rewarding for our employees and shareholders.
We are dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding financial results.
BACKGROUND OF NIKE & ADIDAS
Nike, Inc. is an American multinational corporation
Adidas is a German multinational corporation
Nike’s Vision Statement
This CSR vision is “to help NIKE, Inc. and our consumers thrive in a sustainable economy where people, profit and planet are in balance.”
Adidas was registered in 1949 by Adolf Dassler and his older brother Rudolf, who founded Puma
Nike was founded by track athlete Phil Knight and his coach Bill Bowerman in January 1964
1. Labor controversies
2. Limitations in the product mix
3. Limited presence in developing markets
1. Improve labor/employment practices
2. Improve the product mix
3. Increase market presence in developing countries
in Nike’s case:
1. Tough competition
2. Rapid technological innovation
4. Global Economic Crisis
Nike Inc. must reform its strategies in these areas. The company must also collaborate with government units to fix legislative issues and reevaluate its capability
We’re all ‘creating the new’ – because we believe that through sport, we have the power to change lives
3 strategic choices: Speed, Cities and Open Source.
Our People will bring them to life.
Both designs and manufactures sports shoes, clothing and accessories
Our love for sport drives who we are and what we do. Every day.
Nike needs to:
in order to inform employees and investors about what the entire business aims to become in the future, with reference to the global market for athletic world. As it has huge importance on the corporation's performance.
1. Strong brand image
2. Rapid innovation processes
3. Extensive global production and distribution network
Adidas uses :
1. User & benefit based positioning
2. Differentiation Strategy
Nike’s combination strategy:
1. Cost Leadership Strategy
2. Differentiation Strategy
1. To expand international market - retail outlet and e-commerce
2. Increase market through the effective ad (for technology driven products)
3. Increase endorsement programs
in Adidas' case:
1.Nike has a grater market share and having budget in marketing activity
2. The newly born brands like New Balance,Reebok, GAP has increased ad
3. Global Economic Crisis
1.Biggest sponsor of the sport events
2. Obeying the environmental laws
3. Competitive price
1. Lack e-commerce in a few countries
2. Overprice for some products
3. Strong dependency on 3rd party manufactures
Adidas is aimed to expand its market share around the world and not to depend on 3rd world countries manufacturing. Also the corporation must stick out its position in the sportswear market
1. Develop clear vision statement since it will help to clarify future view for all participants of the company, including customers, employees and shareholders
2. Add some adjustments to the mission statement since it covers only some(6) components (out of 9 existing)
3. Add the vision and mission on to their websites.
Nike’s primary intensive growth strategy is product development which assume the introduction of new products to grow sales revenues.
Adida's ambitious is to accelerate our top-line growth, to win significant market share across key categories and markets, to improve profitability sustainably.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION
Both corporations have to focus on developing clearly vision and mission statements because it's essential for effectively establishing objectives and formulating strategies
Aliyeva Ainur, W16030025
Askarova Elmira, W16030018