Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Performance Nutrition Challenge
Transcript of Performance Nutrition Challenge
1. EAT: whole foods & healthy fats
2. DRINK: 64 oz of fluid
3. WORKOUT: PT & prepare for the mission
4. BREATHE: Air. Don't smoke/ vape
5. SUPPLEMENT: with wise, healthy, & safe options
6. MOBILIZE: Address your weaknesses
7. SLEEP: at least 7 hrs per night
8. AVOID: alcohol, soda, & processed foods.
Protein, Fats & Good Carbs
High quality H2O, coffee (black)
teas (unsweetened), seltzer
coconut water (unsweetened).
Group/Company PT is NOT enough
Smoking, dipping, chewing, Vaping,
etc. undoes ALL of your physical training and cardio work.
It puts you, your team & the mission at risk.
GNC is not your friend. Protein is the only supplement you MIGHT need.
Mobility is a VITAL part of health that many of us are missing. The Army demands FAR MORE from you than the typical civilian.
Studies show we NEED 7-8 hours of dedicated, uninterrupted sleep for a host of health issues.
Avoid alcohol, soda, processed foods (Hot Pockets), baked goods, candy, Monsters, all sweeteners, most wheat, corn & soy products.
BONUS POINTS: Any classes offered at either Yoga Love in Annapolis OR one of the two standard yoga classes on Sundays at BWI or Annapolis.
1. Your Body is your weapon. Maintain it like one.
2. Constant state of readiness requires daily training. We are what we repeatedly do.
3. The soldier to the left and right of you relies on you. Make good decisions for them.
4. A work-up/deployment/mobilization is
the time to
Nutrition is YOUR responsibility as a Warfighter
Instruction on your specific
calorie count needs and macro timing .
Individual points tracking system via e-mailed survey for convenience during competition.
Now I know my numbers!
Calorie/Macro tracking is
but not mandatory
IF you do not track
on My Fitness Pal...
Check out these links on measuring with your hand and portion control guidelines (also available on the 12LN private website).
Nutrition for Today's
Healthy snacks in the barracks
Before PT or Ruck: Heavier carbs
Easy day: stick to veg/rice/potatoes
Soda, Monster, Rip Its, Red Bull
Stretch, ROMWOD.com, Yoga, &
THERE IS NO REST ON DEPLOYMENT
Emily T Schelberg, MSN, APRN, FNP-C
AAMC Sports Medicine & Orthopedics - Sports Med Specialist
Coach & Performance Nutrition Counselor, CF12 Labours