Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Walmart Case Study
Transcript of Walmart Case Study
Communication between upper management
Variety of quality products at low price 3. FRUGALITY Keep costs low
Gain competitive advantage
Consistent value Walmart's Culture Overview of the Case STRONG Characteristics:
3. Frugality HOW MIGHT WALMART'S NEGATIVE PRESS AFFECT EMPLOYEE MORALE, JOB SATISFACTION, AND ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITMENT?
AS A MANAGER, WHAT STEPS WOULD YOU TAKE TO IMPROVE EMPLOYEE ATTITUDES? 1. SOLIDARITY Saturday morning meetings
Quick market response
Value employees QUESTION 1 Based on this case, would you characterize Walmart's culture as strong or weak? Why? HOW WALMART'S STRONG CULTURE CONTRIBUTES TO ITS LONG TERM PERFORMANCE Employee "family" structure
Breadth of the product line and frugality of its customers ESPOUSED VS. ENACTED VALUES INCREASE AFFECTIVE COMMITMENT COMBAT NEGATIVE PUBLICITY As a member of upper manager at Walmart, What steps could you take to either maintain or enhance the Warlmart culture? WALMART'S NEGATIVE PRESS HAS AN ADVERSE EFFECT ON: Morale
Organizational commitment STEPS TO IMPROVE EMPLOYEE ATTITUDES 1. EMPOWER EMPLOYEES 2. FAIRNESS 3. BUILD TRUST 4. ORGANIZATIONAL COMPREHENSION 5. INCREASE INVOLVEMENT QUESTIONS? Q1 P1 Q1 P1 Q1 P1 Q1 P1 Q1 P2 Conclusion Q3 P2 Team Infinity presents TEAM BUILDING PROMOTE VALUES CONGRUENCE Q3 P1 What does Walmart really value? Simon Fraser University Organizational Behaviour .