Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Past Simple Tense
Transcript of Past Simple Tense
- We waited for an hour! PAST SIMPLE We use the Past Simple to talk about any action or event which happened in the past. I watch TV every morning I watched TV yesterday morning "watched" is past simple: I / we / you / they he / she / it watched PAST SIMPLE The Past Simple is often -ed. For example: enjoyed clean cleaned dance danced I enjoyed the food at McDonald's last week. Terry cleaned his room this morning. We danced a lot at the party last night. The above verbs are regular! Other examples are: decide produce finish work want play rain smoke stay die start open watch live and many more... PAST SIMPLE Spelling regular verbs -y -ied study studied marry married Now you try: fly try copy carry worry hurry PAST SIMPLE -y does not change to i if the ending is: -ay stay stayed -oy enjoy enjoyed -ey or -uy spelling regular verbs If a verb ends in a Vowel and Consonant, the consonant is doubled stop stopped beg begged slam slammed jog jogged pin pinned rip ripped tan tanned plan planned PAST SIMPLE Irregular verbs some verbs are irregular. The past simple is NOT -ed. examples: begin began break broke bring brought build built buy bought catch caught come came do did drink drank and many many more... enjoy