Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Developmental Delay
(1) Who is experiencing developmental delays as defined by the State and as measured by appropriate diagnostic instruments and procedures in one or more of the following areas: Physical development, cognitive development, communication development, social or emotional development, or adaptive development; and
(2) Who, by reason thereof, needs special education and related services. [34 CFR §300.8(b)] (IDEA, Utah's Definition IDEA's Definition of Developmental Delay In a student ages 3 through 7, a significant delay in one or more of the following areas:
-social or emotional development
The delay must adversely affect a student’s educational performance. Developmental Delay Developmental Disability Numbers 1 in 7 Children Increased by 17% in the last 12 Years Over 10 Million School Age Children Developmental Milestones A set of age specific tasks that most children can do at a specific age range Such as.... Smiling Walking Talking Sitting up Showing Emotion Learning Strategies Motor Skills Hands on activities such as rolling a ball Sensory and Thinking Skills Repetition such as playing "I Spy" multiple times using the same object Language and Social Skills Group activities such as playing rhyming games Additional Resources ICHCY for Developmental Delay
Center for Disease Control
Developemental Delay Resources
DDI Vantage Utah