Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
THE KITE RUNNER
Transcript of THE KITE RUNNER
HOSSEINI.. THE AUTHOR: General Bibliography His Family Childhood What Inspired Him to Write This Book Reception And Controversies Foundation Interview to the author BY : Laura Matamoros
Maria Fernanda Zamudio Bibliography.... • 1965, Kabul, Afghanistan.
• 1976: Family translated and 1980: returning desires, instead, Political Asylum.
• Life as a student: Universities: Biology and medicine Degree.
• Life as a doctor: 1996- 2004
• Writer and doctor, The Kite Runner.
• 2006: Goodwill envoy to UNHCR ( United Nations)
• Humanitarian assistance in Afghanistan.
• He now lives in northern California • 2004: South African Book Prize
• 2005: Best Seller in USA
• Reading Group Book of the Year (2006- 2007)
• The Kite Runner has been accused of hindering (Obstructing) Western understanding of the Taliban.
• The American Library Association, one of the most challenged books. Oldest of 5 children
His parent´s professions.
Lived in 4 different countries
In the USA, situation improved
Need to succeed.
Two children: Haris and Farah • Born and raised in Kabul
• Wazir Akbar Khan- cultivated, Cosmopolitan atmosphere
• Father diplomat / mother teacher
• 5-6: Tehran
• Back to Kabul
•Treasures of classical poetry
•movies from India and the United States
•enjoyed the sport of kite fighting
l •Relationship with Hosseini Khan
•Grew up in this pre-soviet war Kabul
•Same kind of [socio-economic] background
•Writer at a very young age
•Loved flying kites with friends in Kabul
•Scenes of the book are related to his life. http://thebestnotes.com/booknotes/Kite_Runner/Kite_Runner05.html
http://www.khaledhosseini.com/hosseini-bio.htm Humanitarian Assistance
Shelter, economic and education opportunities.
Healthcare for women and children.
Products they sell.