Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
THE KITE RUNNER
Transcript of THE KITE RUNNER
HOSSEINI.. THE AUTHOR: General Bibliography His Family Childhood What Inspired Him to Write This Book Reception And Controversies Foundation Interview to the author BY : Laura Matamoros
Maria Fernanda Zamudio Bibliography.... • 1965, Kabul, Afghanistan.
• 1976: Family translated and 1980: returning desires, instead, Political Asylum.
• Life as a student: Universities: Biology and medicine Degree.
• Life as a doctor: 1996- 2004
• Writer and doctor, The Kite Runner.
• 2006: Goodwill envoy to UNHCR ( United Nations)
• Humanitarian assistance in Afghanistan.
• He now lives in northern California • 2004: South African Book Prize
• 2005: Best Seller in USA
• Reading Group Book of the Year (2006- 2007)
• The Kite Runner has been accused of hindering (Obstructing) Western understanding of the Taliban.
• The American Library Association, one of the most challenged books. Oldest of 5 children
His parent´s professions.
Lived in 4 different countries
In the USA, situation improved
Need to succeed.
Two children: Haris and Farah • Born and raised in Kabul
• Wazir Akbar Khan- cultivated, Cosmopolitan atmosphere
• Father diplomat / mother teacher
• 5-6: Tehran
• Back to Kabul
•Treasures of classical poetry
•movies from India and the United States
•enjoyed the sport of kite fighting
l •Relationship with Hosseini Khan
•Grew up in this pre-soviet war Kabul
•Same kind of [socio-economic] background
•Writer at a very young age
•Loved flying kites with friends in Kabul
•Scenes of the book are related to his life. http://thebestnotes.com/booknotes/Kite_Runner/Kite_Runner05.html
http://www.khaledhosseini.com/hosseini-bio.htm Humanitarian Assistance
Shelter, economic and education opportunities.
Healthcare for women and children.
Products they sell.