Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
How much are Super Bowl Commercials REALLY Worth?
Transcript of How much are Super Bowl Commercials REALLY Worth?
Did you Know?
The 2013 Super Bowl should bring in at least $ 2.5 x 10^8 (if not more).
Write this value in standard form.
Did you get..... $250,000,000?
That's a lot of money, right?
The average price of a Super Bowl commercial in 2012 was approximately 3.5 million U.S dollars for a
30 second slot. Now in 2013, ads are selling for $3.75 million dollars for 30 seconds of ad time.
Take a look at the worksheet:
"The cost of a Super Bowl XLVII ad"
1. Audi of America (Volkswagen) is going to have one 60-second ad this year. How much will that
Write your answer in scientific notation.
What operation do we need to use to solve this problem?
Did you say multiplication?
We know how much a 30 second ad costs, so can't we multiply this by 2 to find out the cost of 60 seconds?
We know if it was a 30 second commercial it would cost $3.75 million dollars
or $3.75 x 10^6
Let's multiply this by 2 x 10^0
Step One: Multiply our first factors
3.75 x 2 = 7.5 (so our first factor is 7.5)
Step Two: Add our exponents
6 + 0 = 6
And our final cost for a 60-sec Super Bowl commercial?
$7.5 x 10^6
Finish questions 2-10 on your worksheet.