Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Genetics STEM Prezi
Transcript of Genetics STEM Prezi
By Hiba & Adisa
Your genetics come from your parents. From the way you look, to the way you act. If your parents had a talent in dancing, it would most likely be passed down to you. Your genetics make you, you!
What is a Protein and what does it have to do with genetics?
Proteins are the machines that make all living things function, from viruses to daffodils, spiders to sea lions, and everything in between.
What are genes?
As your cells duplicate, they pass this genetic information to the new cells. DNA is wrapped together to form structures called chromosomes. Most cells in the human body have 23 pairs of chromosomes, making a total of 46. However, each human can only carry 23 unpaired chromosomes.
What is Recessive Lethal? Recessive Lethal is "Alleles that cause an organism to die only when present in homozygous condition are called lethal alleles." How many Recessive Lethal can each human carry? Each human can carry about 0.29 (95%)
Genetics Video 2