Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Here Comes Honey Boo Boo
Transcript of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo
The question then becomes: How do Alana and her family influence us as viewers? Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Negative: Teen Pregnancy June (mother) had eldest daughter Anna as a teen. Anna followed in her mother's footsteps, and at seventeen she has a daughter of her own - which is in keeping with statistics. Daughters of teen moms are three times more likely to become pregnant as teens. Stereotypes - stereotypical family structure with traditional gender roles
- stereotypical, self proclaimed 'Redneck' family The family does everything together - even if those things include bobbing for pigs' feet, smelling each other's breath, and 'mudding'. The relationships depicted are consistently positive, and all members are supportive of each other. This is seen with the family's involvement in Alana's pageants, as well as the support Anna receives through her pregnancy - while her baby's father is one of the 80% of fathers who do not remain with teen mothers, her family is there to support her throughout the entire experience. Negative: Eating Habits The eating habits of the Honey Boo Boo family are undeniably unhealthy. Their diets are high in processed foods like 'cheese balls', and Honey Boo Boo's 'Go Go Juice' of Mountain Dew and Red Bull is not remotely close to being juice. Additionally, energy drinks have been shown to be dangerous for children, and can cause health issues such as seizures. At six years old, Alana is on the young side to be consuming high levels of caffeine. This is a negative effect on the viewers, it's showing that it's okay for kids her age to have caffeine. Positive: Self Esteem Positive: Family Values "Individuals develop by interacting with others" (page 107) so the family acts the same and copy their mom because they interact more with their family and they value their family more than friends, the family is influenced by each other. In the show Honey Boo Boo, Alana is full of confidence and is happy with the way she looks. They bring out a positive message, which is "that you are beautiful just the way you are" The 'Redneck Games' are an agent of socialization for the family. This teaches them the values of other families, and sets standards of appropriate or acceptable behavior in society.