Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Fad Diets
Would you follow the diet plan that was assigned to you
Vitamin & Fat Burner
The body can only synthesize 12 of the 20 amino acids.
The rest must be obtained through a person's diet.
Athletes who rely on heavy muscle growth sometimes turn to protein supplementation when their diet lacks the large amount of protein needed to satisfy the demand
13 essential vitamins for growth and development
74% of American diets do not meet vitamin intake
Deficiency v Hypervitaminosis
Fact: The Atkins diet is a low carb high protein diet
Fact: In the first two weeks of the diet you do lose a lot of just water weight
Myth: The Atkins diet is all about eating fatty meats and cheeses
Myth: The Atkins diet is too restrictive
1 month supply of Nutrisystem meals
little to no short term health risks
Includes Soluble fiber & Omega-3
How Muscles Repair
- Heavy muscle activity creates trauma on the muscles.
- Trauma activates satellite cells around the muscle fiber.
- These cells fuse with the damaged muscle fiber, increasing cross-sectional area and providing more nuclei to participate in protein synthesis.
Arguments Against Protein
- Christopher Wanjek (LiveScience)
- Average non-exercising adult needs 60 grams/day.
- Nancy Clark, RD (Beta Active)
- A protein-based diet displaces important carbs.
Recreational exerciser, adult:
0.5 - 0.75
Competitive athlete, adult:
0.6 - 0.9
Growing teenage athlete:
0.8 - 0.9
Dieting athlete, reduced calories: 0.8 - 0.9
Maximum for all healthy athletes: 0.9 gram/lb
The casein protein makes up about 80% of all protein found in milk.
Offers an alternative to whey.
Dissolves slower than whey.
Whey Protein Concentrate 80 (wPC - 80), is a filtered version of Whey Protein concentrate (WPC), a substance created in the cheese making process.
WPC - 80
A, D, E & K
Ingested through intestinal tract
Dissolved in fat & stored
B Group & C
dissolved in water & not stored in body
if not adsorbed, turns into body waste
• Metabolism boost
burn more calories without cut back
• Increase energy
caffeine & thermo properties
• Suppress appetite
no hunger pains or cravings
• Body fat use
makes muscle glycogen
stops enzymes for breakdown & transport of drug molecule
107% Vitamin B3 intake
333 mcg Vitamin B12
In recent research it has shown that the metabolism and endocrine system are a big part in effectively maintaining healthy body weight and reducing body fat stores
Human Growth Hormone (HGH)
Omega-3 Fatty Acid
The Atkins diet
The Atkins Reality
Nutrisystem is a hard diet to follow.
Weight loss with Nutrisystem will be slow.
Nutrisystem is an expensive diet.