Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of HIV/AIDS
- What is HIV?
- HIV/AIDs could be transmitted through injections like drugs, mother to infant birth, breast feeding, blood transfusion, organ transplant and sexual contact such as kissing, oral sex, anal, etc.
There is no treatment for HIV/AIDS as in no cure for the STI but there is something they make called cock tails, they are drugs are designed to strengthen the immune system to keep HIV from developing into AIDS or to relieve AIDS symptoms. These drugs are really expensive, and they might not even work for everyone and they may only work for limited periods of time.
Symptoms & Signs
Symptoms & Signs -
- HIV is short for Human Immunodeficiency Virus, It's like most of the regular viruses but there is just one difference between this one and all of them, if a person ever catches HIV it sticks with them forever, and the bad part about this, is that this virus weakens the immune system in person body's over a long period of time meaning the person can catch other virus, diseases and infections.
- What is AIDS?
-AIDS is short for Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome, AIDS is the final stage of HIV, not many people get to this stage but if you do this means that you badly damaged you're immune system and you have put your life in danger by getting deadly infections such as opportunistic infections (Ols), or cancer.
How is it Transmitted?
- There are also certain type of fluids that can be transmitted from a HIV infected person, these fluids are Blood, Semen, Pre-seminal fluid, Rectal fluids, Vaginal fluids and Breast milk, if any of these fluids get passed on to a non HIV infected body, the body will catch the disease immediattley
Swollen glands in the throat, armpit, or groin. Slight fevers, headaches, fatigue, and muscle aches. But these symptoms might last for a week or 2 and then go away.
Symptoms & Signs -
A Thrush — a thick, whitish coating of the tongue or mouth by a yeast infection and sometimes by a sore throat, severe vaginal yeast infections
chronic pelvic inflammatory disease,severe and frequent infections and etc.
Thanks For watching! - S.M