Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The K.I.L.A. Model
Transcript of The K.I.L.A. Model
-facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject.
-detailed information telling how something should be done, operated, or assembled.
-a person who is learning a subject or skill.
the process or activity of running a business, organization, etc.
A. Question-Answer Relationship
This strategy helps students to recognize the four possible areas in which answers can be found.
- in a single sentence in the text
Putting it together
- in several sentences in the text
On my own
- in the students' background knowledge
Writer and I
- in a combination of information from text and reader's background.
B. Mapping Concepts & Stories
This strategy provides a visual guide for students to clarify textual information such as character, setting, problems, reactions, and outcome. It allows you to visually determine students' comprehension. It also provides students with a strategy that they can use on their own when they are dealing with other topics in the different content fields.
C. Activate Prior Knowledge
The strategy on activating prior knowledge aims to determine what students already know about the topic that is going to be studied. It make students feel that they are connected to the new topic.
The K.I.L.A. Model
By: Rocky V. Escobello
D. KWL Strategy
now what you know
- know what you
hat to learn
- what you
K-W-L gives students a purpose for reading. it provides them an active role before, during, and after reading. This strategy helps them to recall information they already know and link them with new ideas.