Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
ESOXX One - Reason to believe One
Transcript of ESOXX One - Reason to believe One
Each Sachet a day...Keep GERD away!!!
Episodic (at least twice a week) onset of symptoms like heartburn, acid regurgitation, chronic cough and complications such as esophagitis and laryngitis.
Regardless of the patient’s age,
GastroEsophageal Reflux (GER)
is defined as the involuntary passage of gastric contents into the esophagus;
it is a normal, physiological process
, which occurs several times a day in everybody,
causing few or no symptoms
Erosive Reflux Disease
Is there only 1 GERD?
in which many factors are involved:
- Altered gastric motility
- Mucosal Hypersensitivity
- Exposure to bile acids, pepsin, etc.
- Poor defense mechanisms
Innovation and Tecnology
for improvement in GERD
it may represent a
pathological condition (GERD),
when it causes symptoms or complications
that are associated with significant morbidity.
...not just an acid related disease!
How can we manage patients with GERD?
Acid controlling therapies:
- GABAb agonists
Prokinetics (cisapride, metoclopramide, domperidone) and antidepressants (tricyclics, SSRIs) are rarely prescribed.
All currently available treatments for GERD target the stomach, while all symptoms are generated by the esophagus.
ESOXX ONE is the only GERD treatment
that targets the esophagus,
the real symptoms site of GERD
act on the
of GERD is using
double the efficacy
of GERD treatment
when associated to PPIs, significantly improving
typical and atypical symptoms.
being the only treatment
able to improve GERD symptoms
directly targeting the esophagus
, the real symptoms site of GERD.
to create a
protective layer on the esophagus
and helps GERD patients in improving typical and atypical symptoms and in healing mucosa.
significantly increases the rate of patients with symptoms improvement.
is targeted to GERD patients not controlled by PPIs
Recommended dose is 1 to 2
sachets a day
After main meals
1 before bedtime
For 14 days
1st step to:
- increase efficacy perception;
- create Advocates;
- open the road to other treatment schemes.
is not recommended for
on demand treatment
1. GERD, by definition, is based on the onset of symptoms;
2. Symptoms are not only generated by acid reflux;
3. Many different GERD patients are there;
4. All available GERD treatment target the stomach.
(like Cough, Laryngitis, Asthma
Sleep disturbancies, etc.)