Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Descriptive Essay
by Nur Ain binti Ahmad
The Five-Step Writing Process for Descriptive Essays
2. Take time to brainstorm.
Guidelines for Writing a Descriptive Essay.
The Features of Descriptive Essay:
3. Add the unique details.
5. Use clear and vivid language.
6. Don't cram too much in one paragraph.
What is Descriptive Essay?
Drafting a Decriptive Essay
Revising a Descriptive Essay.
Publishing a Descriptive Essay.
1. Prewriting the Descriptive Essay
4. use your senses.
Descriptive essay is a genre of essay that asks the student to describe something - object, person, place experience, emotion, situation etc.
encourages the student's ability to create a written account of a particular experience.
This genre allows for a great deal of artistic freedom.
*Try to jot down ideas before describing it.
*explain how thing smelled, felt, sounded, tasted and looked.
*Use words that are stunning but still understandable.
7. Leave the reader with a clear impression.
8. Be organized!
1. Start with general ideas
1. The essay is a description of an
object, person or experience.
2. Generally includes introduction, body and conclusion
centered on chosen theme.
3. The writing style is expressive.
1. Descriptive Essay. (n.d) Mothers are Angels. Retrieved on Nov 29 from
2. Descriptive Essay. (n.d) Person Who Has Influenced Me Most of All. Retrieved on Dec 6 from
3. E-How. (n.d). Characteristics of a Descriptive Essay. Retrieved on Dec 6 from
4. About.com. (n.d.). How to Write a Descriptive Paragraph. Retrieved on Dec 6 from
5. Purdue Online Writing Club. (n.d). Descriptive Essay. retrieved on Dec 6 from