Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Nitrogen family
Transcript of The Nitrogen family
Electron Configuration: [He] 2s2, 2p3
Melting Point: -209.86 °C
Boiling Point: -195.8 °C Arsenic is a metallic grey metalloid.
Electronic Configuration: [Ar] 3d10 4s2 4p3
Melting Point: 816.8 °C
Boiling Point: 602.8 °C Antimony is a hard and brittle metalloid.
Electron Configuration:[Kr] 5s2, 4d10, 5p3
Melting Point: 630.8 °C
Boiling Point: 1587 °C Atomic Properties: 1. Name two trends found in the Nitrogen Family.
2. Find the electron configurations for two out of the of five elements found in this family.
3. How reactive are elements in the Nitrogen Family? Nitrogen Family Facts http://chemistry.about.com/od/elementgroups/a/Nitrogen-Family.htm
http://www.webelements.com/bismuth/ Sources Bismuth is a colorful metal. It also has a high electrical resistance.
Electron Configuration:[Xe] 4f14, 5d10, 6s2, 6p3
Melting Point: 271.3 °C
Boiling Point: 1560 °C The Nitrogen Family is made up of metals, metalloids, and nonmetals. It includes Nitrogen,Phosphorus,Arsenic,Antimony, and Bismuth. Each element in this family has a total of 5 electrons in the outermost electron level. The Nitrogen Family is highly reactive, some more than others. The Nitrogen Family is also known as Group 15 in the periodic table. The electron affinity increases going up the group. It ranges between 7 kJ/mol to 102.3 kJ/mol. The boiling point increases going down the group, while the melting point also increases going down the group. The atomic radius and the ionic radius increases as you move down the group as well. The metallic character of this group increases going down the group.The ionization energy of these elements decreases as you move down the Nitrogen Family. Phosphorus is a nonmetal and one of the more reactive elements in this family. Phosphorus can be different colors depending on the type, including red, silvery white, or colorless.
Electron Configuration:[Ne] 3s2, 3p3
Melting Point: 44.1 °C
Boiling Point: 280 °C The End