Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CR Sponsor Training (Mod 9)
Transcript of CR Sponsor Training (Mod 9)
Set a good example
Oneness with Christ
Share your personal experience
Open & Honest Communication
Responsibility 1. Worked through the Celebrate Recovery Participant’s Guides at least one time.
2. One continuous year sobriety/abstinence.
3. Actively attending Celebrate Recovery Meetings.
4. Have their own Sponsor and Accountability Team.
5. Must be same sex.
S= Set a Good Example
1. Qualities and characteristics
2. MY Experience
3. Willingness to be Vulnerable
He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it. Titus 1:9 (NIV) P = Prayer
I must pray for my Sponsee’s need for:
2. Lifting of denial
Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving, meanwhile praying also for us, that God would open to us a door for the word to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in chains.
Colossians 4:2-3 (NKJV)
2. Ongoing Accountability
Two are better off than one, because together they can work more effectively. If one of them falls down, the other can help him up. But if someone is alone… there is no one to help him…Two men can resist an attack that would defeat one man alone. Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 GNB
N = Never Condemns
These are some ways I can avoid being judgmental:
1. Be a Good Listener
2. Respond with Sensitivity
3. Prayerfully consider Feedback
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:1-2 (NKJ) S = Share Your Personal Experience
It is important to share my experience because it:
Continues my Personal healing
2. Offers Hope
3. Demonstrates Freedom
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, because the Lord has anointed Me to preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to claim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn.
Isaiah 61:1-2 (NKJ) O = Open and Honest Communication
The ways I can be open and honest are:
1. Be Compassionate
3. Confront Denial and Procrastination
The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life, turning a man from the snares of death. Proverbs 13:14(NIV) R = Responsibility
I can be responsible in this role by:
1. Being Available
2. Having Boundaries
3. Protecting anonymity and confidentiality
4. Offering Suggestions, not Demands
5. Rejoicing in Victories
He, who walks with the wise, grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.
Proverbs 13:20(NIV) Prerequisites for Sponsors O = Oneness with Christ
1. Daily Prayer and Meditation 3. Attending Recovery Meetings
4. Practicing the 8 recovery principles
5. Being in a small Group
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are… yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:15-16 (NIV)